The H.A.R.T. Community Center coordinates and offers many services for all Harrisburg and Southern Linn County residents at either no cost or low cost.
Linn County Home Repair Program:
Willamette Neighborhood Housing Services, a local nonprofit agency servicing Linn County, is offering home repair loans with 0% APR and NO monthly payments to income qualified homeowners. You may qualify for this program if you are a LOW or MODERATE income homeowner; if you live in Linn County excluding the City of Albany; and if you currently have equity in your home.
Loans may be used to repair a home to a safe, healthy, and decent condition; repair or replace items to reduce maintenance and operating costs; or to adapt a home for accessibility. Typical repairs are plumbing, septic and water heaters: heating/cooling equipment; roofing, siding, windows, and doors; well-drilling; interior repairs (flooring, walls, painting); exterior painting; accessibility improvements; and repairs to any item that may affect your health or safety.
For more information, call Willamette Neighborhood Housing services/Linn County Home Repair Loan, (541) 752-7220 Ext. 300, or online at w-nhs.org
HART, in our 20th year of serving children, youth, and families in the Harrisburg area:
- We have had over 38,000 hours of donated volunteer time.
- Over 150 parents benefited from our parenting classes.
- 450 children or adults were served on the dental van
- Over 1,580 children attended our Summer Camps and Field Trips.
- More than 430 children have been educated in our Parent Co-op Preschool
- Provided an outreach clinic for Linn County WIC program, Mental Health and Family counselors, and children and adult dental services through the Community Health Centers of Benton and Linn Counties.
- In addition, we provide a safe place for middle school and older youth to come after school and during the summer.